The Marketing Coordinator is an integral part of the property team and a key resource to tenants. They work collaboratively with key corporate cross-functional partners (Marketing, Property Management, Operations, Sponsorship, Specialty Leasing and Leasing).
The Marketing Coordinator is customer-centric and community-oriented. They adapt, translate and tailor corporate direction based on the needs and preferences of their demographic constituency.
The Marketing Coordinator supports the WPG goal of Pathway to Profit. Secures Sponsorship (in partnership with General Manager) for all local events.
The Marketing Coordinator is keenly aware of the current retail landscape, consumer trends and the competitive landscape.
The Marketing Coordinator cultivates relationships and builds strong rapport with tenants. They serve as a key resource for both existing and new, seeking out and providing proactive thought-partnership and tactics to increase traffic and sales.
The Marketing Coordinator is digitally savvy. They leverage and optimize various social and web platforms to create awareness of on-property events, engage with their shoppers and positively projects the property through dynamic content (on-property experiences).
The Marketing Coordinator is detail-oriented, effectively working on multiple projects concurrently and has the innate ability to get things done with speed and urgency. They excel at implementation.
Washington Prime Group offers:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, 401k with no vesting schedule, and paid time off
- On-going learning opportunities within a rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different WPG departments and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
Washington Prime Group is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and equality. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our associates bring to their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but also, our reputation and our company’s achievements.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assists in executing Corporate Directives, New Initiatives, Events, and Holiday campaigns as designed.
- Proactively shares new ideas to activate common-area.
- Partners with external vendors as needed.
- Utilizes the WPG Tracking System to capture all event content and results.
- Captures necessary Proof of Performance and document event learnings / hindsight via WPG tracking tool.
- Executes digital, social, web and PR strategies as prescribed by Corporate Marketing to create awareness for upcoming events. Assess effectiveness of results.
- Leverage events to increase data capture for future use.
Digital Marketing Execution
- Maintain all Events information and off-cadence hours of operation via website CMS.
- Access all social credentials through WPG approved tool.
- Abide by WPG brand standards and best practices as directed by Corporate Marketing.
- Create and curate local experiential event content through capturing on-property event photos and/or video.
- Support and promote new tenants / Grand Openings.
- Maintain content calendar, inclusive of property creative, for Facebook and Instagram.
- Increase and cultivate property level email program. Strategically plan and create emails.
- Marketing Coordinators will capture, curate and create digital messaging, but all shopper facing communications will be published and reviewed by the Marketing Director or General Manager.
Tenant / PR / & Community Relations
- Proactively and consistently engage with tenants through effective tenant meetings and tenant newsletter (as needed).
- Provides thought-partnership and activation opportunities for under-performing tenants.
Traditional & Digital Ad Buying
- Evaluate effectiveness of any/all purchased media within the greater marketing mix.
- Submit creative requests for any and all traditional or digital ads with corporate creative teams.
Additional Key Responsibilities
- Maintain awareness of current retail trends and competitive landscape (digital platforms and property) to gain insight.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing or Communications preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years in Retail, Hospitality, Marketing and/or Shopping center experience.
- Creative problem solver and the ability to identify problems and proactively bring issues to resolution with speed
- Excellent time management and the ability manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Demonstrated business acumen, and ability to drive results via Sales/Sponsorship.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Strong Presentation Skills.
- Social media marketing experience: Facebook & Instagram
- Experience in planning, coordinating and executing events
- Comprehensive understanding of business development, marketing and merchandising techniques.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work some nights and weekends to meet the demands of the business.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office suite and Apple iOS (iPad, iPhone)