Come thrive with us at Scottsdale Quarter! The growing family of MIXT restaurants is searching for a talented Shift Lead to join our team!
MIXT was born in San Francisco 15 years ago with the goal of bringing healthier eating to everyone. Our salads are beautiful / plentiful / full of high quality and nutritious ingredients. We have a beautiful new location in the Scottsdale Quarter - great for take out, eating inside or enjoying the outdoor patio, and drive up salad valet. We would love to meet you if you are passionate about food, truly care about guest satisfaction, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you then you will fit right in our food-loving, people-centric, high-achieving culture!
Leads play an integral part in creating a positive guest experience, a fun and safe work environment all while executing seamless business operations. Leads open and close the store, provide GMs with managerial support, and ensure a high level of service and quality are delivered each and every day by our team through the use of our tools and resources. Additionally, Leads must be prepared and able to perform the duties found in other team members’ as business dictates.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay + tips!
- Great benefits- PPO health plan + Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid sick leave
- 401k with company match
- Commuter benefits
- Free fresh, healthy meals during your shift
- Opportunity for career advancement – we promote 4 out of 5 managers from within!
In addition to modeling our core values and following policies and procedures, Lead responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the proper time keeping practices are being followed by all employees on shift. This includes break schedules in accordance with state specific laws.
- Work effectively with the store leadership team and team members.
- Role models a welcoming environment to our guests by following our customer service guidelines. De-escalate and resolve conflicts when they arise.
- Maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude, connecting with customers, and having a sincere interest in helping resolve issues and answering questions.
- Provide ongoing coaching and course correction to team members.
- Ensure execution of proper cash handling procedures and policies at all times.
- Complete daily cash deposits and record keeping by following our cash handling guidelines.
- Ensure overall store cleanliness and organization, end of day cleanliness, and station restocking.
- Work with the team and Safety Ambassador to provide a safe environment for our staff and our guests.
- Communicate and direct the team on food production for the day using our tools and resources such as the Prep List, Line Check, and other operational checklists.
- Ensure team members are following MIXT recipe and production standards and procedures, as well as adhering to state and local health codes.
- Assist General Manager and MIT/AGM with inventory management such as waste tracking, ordering, inventory counts, and more.
- Communicate effectively using verbal and written communication with the store team, vendors, and business partners. Cascade information as necessary.
- Any additional duties needed and/or assigned by your Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 1-2 years of previous experience in a supervisory role in the food service industry or equivalent.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times in the work environment.
- Have effective time management, organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Coach team on product waste, FIFO, and its impact on business.
- Lead in customer service expectations and standards in all customer, team, and business partner interactions; redirecting team members as needed.
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in learning more about our culture and values.
- Demonstrate our core competencies as listed in our SALAD Bowl framework.
- Have the ability to work quickly, embrace and learn new information, and incorporate feedback into personal performance.
- Perform various physical tasks during the work shift such as lifting up to 25 pounds, repetitive use of wrist and arms, and repetitive reaching, bending, and twisting.
- Be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours a day, with intermittent breaks.
At MIXT, we are passionate about 4 key things: our food, our people, our customers, and our planet. We believe in serving delicious, high quality, sustainably sourced food that is convenient and supports a healthy lifestyle. We want our employees to thrive so we pay above-market wages, provide excellent benefits for all, and are focused on the development of each of our team members based on their individual goals. Our customers are at the center of all the decisions we make, and we strive to get them the food they crave quickly and conveniently. Through all that we do we also take care to make environmentally sustainable decisions, we are committed to reducing waste, sourcing sustainably, and ensuring that we are evolving as new sustainable options become available.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business.