Salad Maker/Line Cook
Come thrive with us at the Scottsdale Quarter! The growing family of Mixt restaurants is looking for a Line Cook / Salad Maker to join our team!
MIXT was born in San Francisco 15 years ago with the goal of bringing healthier eating to everyone. Our salads are beautiful / plentiful / full of high quality and nutritious ingredients. We have a beautiful new location in the Scottsdale Quarter - great for take out, eating inside or enjoying the outdoor patio, and drive up salad valet. We would love to meet you if you are passionate about food, truly care about guest satisfaction, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you then you will fit right in our food-loving, people-centric, high-achieving culture!
Our team is what makes us great, we are looking for the right people with great personalities to join us! Experience is great but we are happy to train the right team member for the position.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay + tips!
- Great benefits- PPO health insurance plan (We pay 90% of the premium!) + Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid sick leave
- 401k with company match
- Commuter benefits + Flexible Spending Account
- Free fresh, healthy meals during your shift
- Opportunity for career advancement – we promote 4 out of 5 managers from within!
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient, and clean manner
- Ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and execute recipes quickly and accurately
- Enthusiastic attitude and dependability
- Ability to communicate with guests in English
- Greet all guests and ask for orders within our Customer Service Guidelines, ensuring an enthusiastic and friendly experience
- Prepare guest orders, catering, and online orders to customer specifications, adhering to all menu and portion standards
- Prepare for the day by stocking the line with all menu items, and preparing packaging, utensils and bowls. Assist in restocking throughout the day
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace and ensure all food safety standards are met
- Clean and wipe down salad line at end of day, including lettuce fridge, and prep tables floors
- Follow all proper knife safety procedures
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our seasonally changing menu
At MIXT, we are passionate about 4 key things: our food, our people, our customers, and our planet. We believe in serving delicious, high quality, sustainably sourced food that is convenient and supports a healthy lifestyle. We want our employees to thrive so we pay above-market wages, provide excellent benefits for all, and are focused on the development of each of our team members based on their individual goals. Our customers are at the center of all the decisions we make, and we strive to get them the food they crave quickly and conveniently. Through all that we do we also take care to make environmentally sustainable decisions, we are committed to reducing waste, sourcing sustainably, and ensuring that we are evolving as new sustainable options become available.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business.