- $14-16/hour + tips!
- Great benefits- PPO health insurance plan (We pay 90% of the premium!) + Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid sick leave
- 401k with company match
- Commuter benefits + Flexible Spending Account
- Free fresh, healthy meals during your shift
- Opportunity for career advancement – we promote 4 out of 5 managers from within!
Areas of Responsibility
In addition to modeling our core values and following policies and procedures, Grill Cook responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and cook menu items according to recipe specifications.
- Extremely committed to food and safety standards.
- Follow all food safety and quality standards and follow proper time/temperature of all hot and cooked items.
- Follow proper knife handling procedures.
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment.
- Set up and breakdown prep stations, cooking equipment, and grills.
- Maintain a clean working environment throughout your shift.
- Maintain open communication with service line to ensure fully stocked areas at all times.
- Help implement and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Assist food preparation throughout the day by washing, cutting and stocking the line with necessary ingredient items.
- Complete all required cleaning tasks including opening, mid, and closing duties.
- Maintain knowledge of seasonally changing menu.
- Keep a professional overall presentation, by modeling friendly, respectful and business-appropriate communication with coworkers and customers.
- Maintain a clean and well-groomed personal appearance and adhere to our uniform policy.
- Additional duties needed and/or assigned by your Manager.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Have prior experience as a cook, preferably with a focus on grilling.
- Have thorough product knowledge.
- Complete a set number of menu items based on business volume.
- Understand product waste, FIFO, and its impact on business.
- Possess strong communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Be able to follow directions and procedures with excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Exhibit thorough knowledge of food safety guidelines.
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in learning more about our culture and values.
- Demonstrate our core competencies as listed in our SALAD Bowl framework.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Have the ability to work quickly, embrace and learn new information, and incorporate feedback into personal performance.
- Perform various physical tasks during the work shift such as lifting up to 25 pounds, repetitive use of wrist and arms, and repetitive reaching, bending, and twisting.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 8 hours a day, with intermittent breaks.
How to Apply
Apply online today!