Come thrive with us at Scottsdale Quarter! The growing family of MIXT restaurants is looking for someone who has a passion for grilling or wants to learn the skills of a Grill Cook!
MIXT was born in San Francisco 15 years ago with the goal of bringing healthier eating to everyone. Our salads are beautiful / plentiful / full of high quality and nutritious ingredients. We have a beautiful new location in the Scottsdale Quarter - great for take out, eating inside or enjoying the outdoor patio, and drive up salad valet. We would love to meet you if you are passionate about food, truly care about guest satisfaction, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you then you will fit right in our food-loving, people-centric, high-achieving culture!
Our team is what makes us great, we are looking for the right people with great personalities to join us! Experience is great but we are happy to train the right team member for the position.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay + tips!
- Great benefits- PPO health insurance plan (We pay 90% of the premium!) + Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid sick leave
- 401k with company match
- Commuter benefits + Flexible Spending Account
- Free fresh, healthy meals during your shift
- Opportunity for career advancement – we promote 4 out of 5 managers from within!
In addition to modeling our core values and following policies and procedures, Grill Cook responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and cook menu items according to recipe specifications.
- Extremely committed to food and safety standards.
- Follow all food safety and quality standards and follow proper time/temperature of all hot and cooked items.
- Follow proper knife handling procedures.
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment.
- Set up and breakdown prep stations, cooking equipment, and grills.
- Maintain a clean working environment throughout your shift.
- Maintain open communication with service line to ensure fully stocked areas at all times.
- Help implement and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Assist food preparation throughout the day by washing, cutting and stocking the line with necessary ingredient items.
- Complete all required cleaning tasks including opening, mid, and closing duties.
- Maintain knowledge of seasonally changing menu.
- Keep a professional overall presentation, by modeling friendly, respectful and business-appropriate communication with coworkers and customers.
- Maintain a clean and well-groomed personal appearance and adhere to our uniform policy.
- Additional duties needed and/or assigned by your Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have prior experience as a cook, preferably with a focus on grilling.
- Have thorough product knowledge.
- Complete a set number of menu items based on business volume.
- Understand product waste, FIFO, and its impact on business.
- Possess strong communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Be able to follow directions and procedures with excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Exhibit thorough knowledge of food safety guidelines.
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in learning more about our culture and values.
- Demonstrate our core competencies as listed in our SALAD Bowl framework.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Have the ability to work quickly, embrace and learn new information, and incorporate feedback into personal performance.
- Perform various physical tasks during the work shift such as lifting up to 25 pounds, repetitive use of wrist and arms, and repetitive reaching, bending, and twisting.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 8 hours a day, with intermittent breaks.
At MIXT, we are passionate about 4 key things: our food, our people, our customers, and our planet. We believe in serving delicious, high quality, sustainably sourced food that is convenient and supports a healthy lifestyle. We want our employees to thrive so we pay above-market wages, provide excellent benefits for all, and are focused on the development of each of our team members based on their individual goals. Our customers are at the center of all the decisions we make, and we strive to get them the food they crave quickly and conveniently. Through all that we do we also take care to make environmentally sustainable decisions, we are committed to reducing waste, sourcing sustainably, and ensuring that we are evolving as new sustainable options become available.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business.