It is the Sushi Chef’s primary responsibility to prepare the highest quality sushi plates/rolls consistently and effectively. As a Sushi Chef, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the quality of food produced in our kitchen and ultimately the overall experience extended to our guests.
Kona Grill Offers:
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Flexible Work Schedule
- A Fun Fast-paced Work Environment
- Paid Time Off (must be eligible)
- Health Benefits (must be eligible)
Our Mission: Make Every Experience Exceptional
Who We Are:
- We have a scratch kitchen and use only the freshest ingredients
- We provide the ultimate hospitality that makes every guest’s experience exceptional, every time
- We offer diverse choices in food, atmosphere, and more so guests get a new experience each time they visit
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Areas of Responsibility
- Primarily performs sushi preparation according to recipes or instructions and must efficiently execute intricate and aesthetically pleasing sushi plates and rolls.
- Will partner with the restaurant staff to ensure the safety and sanitation of our facilities are in compliance with federal, state, local and Kona Grill standards.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Must have 1 – 3+ years’ experience working as a sushi chef
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment, small or large scale
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Experience working in a fast paced working environment
- Ability to transport and carry objects weighing up to 30 lbs. numerous times throughout the shift
- Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 8 hours
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks effectively and establish priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to speak and write in English
- Ability to listen effectively, process information quickly, and transfer knowledge to others in order to ensure standards of quality are met consistently