Purpose of Position:
The Style Consultant must provide exceptional service and cutting edge fashion information and advice to all customers. The Style Consultant must express a genuine interest in each customer, determining their needs and providing multiple options to wardrobe the individual, with the aim of building a lasting relationship.
The Style Consultant must strive to reach all store selling goals, assist with merchandising and safe guarding company assets, and provide support to the management team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Consistently execute Kinsley’s selling and service methodologies.
- Prioritize the customer above all else, leaving projects with a sense of urgency to approach the customer within 15 seconds.
- If appropriate, re-approach the customer within 2 minutes.
- Ask open ended questions; create and engage in conversation.
- Carry items to the fitting room, and use the Reservation List.
- Exchange names with the customer.
- Follow up with the customer in the fitting room.
- Suggest a minimum of three additional items, including accessories, and educate the customer about special incentives as appropriate.
- Communicate with the team to ensure proper floor coverage.
- Clear the fitting room and return items to stock appropriately.
- Seek the opportunity to add the customer to one’s clientele book.
- Thank the customer.
- Maintain proper channels of respectful communication with supervisors.
- Communicate customer needs to management.
- Work in alignment with the company’s mission and values: integrity, ownership, passion, pride, respect, positive energy and drive toward goal attainment.
- Attain performance goals as set forth by management. Seek and follow management coaching toward increased productivity.
- Manage and track personal sales and statistics daily.
- Manage personal clientele, adding and contacting clients weekly, per company guideline.
- Actively educate oneself about the product and current fashion trends.
- Assist in maintaining high level of store standards in visual merchandising, cleanliness and operations per corporate guideline.
- Comply with all corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Immediately and discreetly report any suspected or acknowledged internal or external losses due to theft, discount or time abuse, error, etc, to the appropriate supervisor or Loss Prevention Manager.
- Follow direction provided by management with a sense of urgency and positive attitude.
- Participate as needed in special projects: merchandising, inventory, markdowns, and processing of merchandise.
- Demonstrate support for the company by maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- Represent the corporate brand in personal appearance. Neat, clean, stylish and professional.
- Be aware of store’s sales and shrink goals and objectives and all corporate directives and promotions.
- Partner with supervisors to continue personal development.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and to develop clientele.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, to listen attentively to others, and to comprehend material.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all transactions and documentation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow through skills.
- Ability to work minimum hours as set forth by the company, including weekends.
- Intimate knowledge of fashion trends.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job and to move or lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to move freely about the store or center for up to 8 hours per day.