The Sales Teammate position’s primary responsibility is to fulfill our mission statement: “To create the most enjoyable shopping experience possible for our Guests.” Additionally, Sales Teammates perform a variety of sales, merchandising and operational tasks assigned by Store Management (e.g. cashiering, merchandise display and pulls, register procedures, and routine cleaning of facilities).
Areas of Responsibility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Generation and Guest Service
- Greet Guests with a friendly, engaging attitude, and is consistently prepared to provide legendary service to each Guest.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on Guest needs and desires.
- Anticipate and fulfill Guest’s needs by suggesting additional items and creating a wardrobing experience.
- Demonstrate product utilizing product knowledge and sales education, consistently sharing that knowledge and education with Team.
- Maintain and share knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Remain consistent on personal sales, as well as looking for opportunities to impact Teammates’ presentations with the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG) .
- Achieve personal sales-per-hour, average sales and total net sales goals set by Store Management.
- Provide legendary service throughout the store in these top four areas: Front 5, sales floor, fitting rooms, and the register area.
- Help Guests try on or fit merchandise.
- Check out and bag purchases.
- Prepare merchandise for alterations.
- Knowledgeable of all exchange and return procedures for Guests and exhibit the ability to turn into a showmanship opportunity.
- Fill out and effectively use the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG) daily to accomplish goals.
- Meets or above performance standards in all Buckle business builders and guest loyalty including fit appointments, Buckle credit card and guest connect.
- Place Special Orders or call other stores to find desired merchandise.
- Maintain and build good Guest relationships to develop a client based business.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Buckle’s customer service expectations in order to meet the needs of every Guest.
- Consistently perform leadership actions and maintain high standards, whether or not the Manager is present.