At American Girl, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. American Girl is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
We’re looking for dynamic individuals as Cooks (part-time) who can deliver an exceptional dining experience for the store’s restaurant and party guests by producing and delivering high-quality food and beverages. If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment while remaining positive and upbeat and can handle customer issues and requests graciously and on a timely basis, we want to hear from you.
Areas of Responsibility
* Prep and prepare recipes consistently, efficiently, and in proper quantities to support business levels.
* Ensure line station set-up standards and recipe guidelines are followed; knowledge of all stations to act as back-up.
* Perform opening, closing, and side duties established by the restaurant/kitchen supervisors.
* Ensure proper food safety and workplace safety procedures are followed.
* Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all areas including the removal of garbage, sweeping and wet mopping, washing counter tops and equipment on a daily basis.
* Work collaboratively with the team to build a positive work environment.
Education / Experience Requirements
* High School diploma or equivalent and a certification for an accredited or recognized culinary school, college, or comparable institution, preferred.
* Certified in local food preparation safety and sanitation standards.
* May be required to perform diverse physical tasks, including constant standing and walking, heavy lifting (30-50 lbs), etc.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.