Asset Protection Associate
At American Girl, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. American Girl is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
We’re looking for a dynamic individual as a Temporary Asset Protection Associate (PT), who is committed to maintaining a safe environment for American Girl customers and employees, as well as, safeguarding company assets. The individual we seek is able to multi-task, has outstanding communication skills, and exhibits a high level of compassion and understanding while maintaining a professional detachment.
Areas of Responsibility
* Maintain safe environment for American Girl customers/guests and store employees by monitoring/correcting safety concerns and controlling/guiding customer traffic when needed.
* Provide external and internal customer service in a positive, friendly and professional business manner and the skill set to diffuse escalated situations.
* Prevent the loss of company assets through surveillance, conducting employee package checks and trash checks and is knowledgeable of civil and criminal laws pertaining to retail security.
* Serve as a safety mentor for store employees; lead by example.
Education / Experience Requirements
* High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
* One to two years of loss prevention, law enforcement, criminal justice, military or security experience, preferred.
* State specific license, if applicable.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Software programs, preferred.
* Demonstrated ability working with a broad and diverse work force and customer base, including working with children, preferred.
* Must be available to work evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.