The Store Manager is the leader of the store team and has ultimate responsibility for overseeing a single location and partnering with the appropriate supervisor to ensure the success of the store and its team. Responsibilities include managing sales and operations, controlling expenses and payroll budgets, addressing personnel issues, accounting, merchandising, and loss prevention and any and all other reasonable tasks necessary to achieve the stated objectives of the business.
The Store Manager is also ultimately responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service for Kinsley guests. The Store Manager is a role model and leader and must solve problems, make informed decisions and manage the team and time wisely in order to achieve maximum results.
Areas of Responsibility
- Take an active role in recruiting, hiring and training the most qualified team members to meet the store’s needs.
- Train, coach and manage all team members in execution of daily tasks and to maximize sales with a focus on developing individuals for internal promotion.
- Lead by example and inspire the entire team by maintaining compliance with Kinsley’s sales and service methodologies.
- Coordinate processing of merchandise according to proper policy and procedure, with a sense of urgency and attention to strict standards. This includes correct receiving, placement, markdowns, promotional set up and transfers.
- Effectively utilize corporate reports to manage payroll and profit, to provide feedback and to offer strategies that help to drive the business.
- Cultivate a store culture in concert with the company’s mission and values: integrity, ownership, passion, pride, respect, positive energy and drive toward goal attainment.
- Ensure proper channels of communication exist between yourself, your team and the corporate office, with respect to the open door policy and personal integrity.
- Partner with supervisor to manage recognition and accountability equally and fairly. This includes ensuring the success of Kinsley’s reward and recognition programs through personal management.
- Maintain the highest standards in visual merchandising, cleanliness and operations.
- Ensure compliance with Kinsley Policies and Procedures, including safekeeping of company
- funds and property, personnel practices and security, sales, scheduling and record keeping procedures, and overall store operations and maintenance.
- Help rectify issues that affect the stores’ service, efficiency and productivity with a sense of urgency and consistent follow up.
- Demonstrate support for the company by maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- Represent the Kinsley brand in personal appearance. Neat, clean, stylish and professional.
- Meet all sales and shrink goals and objectives and implement all corporate directives.
- Work closely to develop Assistant Managers, Key Holders and Style Consultants for promotion.
- Partner with direct supervisor to continue personal development.
Skills and Competencies:
Ability to develop and train work force, build relationships, and utilize the team’s skills appropriately.
Ability to merchandise and manage store operations effectively and consistently.
Ability to provide outstanding customer service and to develop clientele.
Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to the team, customers and peers.
Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to the work force.
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner at all levels of the organization, to listen attentively to others, and to comprehend material and provide instructions to employees.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Ability to work a full time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays, as well as to work at the requirement of the business, including opening and closing the store.
- 2 years of relevant management experience.
- Knowledge of fashion trends.
- Ability to successfully multitask and handle high volume within a growing company.
- Ability to utilize all essential POS and computer programs to complete and distribute reports and other essential communications efficiently to relevant members of the organization.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job and to move or lift up to 35 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow through skills.