Purpose of Position:
The Assistant Manager is an integral part of the store’s management team and has responsibility for assisting in the oversight of a single location and ultimate responsibility for what occurs when functioning as the Manager on Duty. The Assistant Manager partners with the Store Manager to ensure the success of the store and its team. Responsibilities include managing sales and operations, controlling expenses and payroll budgets, addressing personnel issues, accounting, merchandising, and loss prevention.
The Assistant Manager is also responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service throughout the store. The Assistant Manager is a role model and leader and must assist the Store Manager in solving problems, making informed decisions, and managing the team and time wisely in order to achieve maximum results.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and training the most qualified team members to meet the store’s needs.
- Assist with training, coaching and managing all team members in execution of daily tasks and maximizing sales with a focus on developing individuals for internal promotion.
- Lead by example and inspire the entire team by maintaining compliance with Kinsley’s sales and service methodologies.
- Assist with processing of merchandise according to proper policy and procedure, with a sense of urgency and attention to strict standards. This includes correct receiving, placement, markdowns, promotional set up, and transfers.
- Partner with Store Manager to utilize corporate tools to maximize sales and measure sales performance every day.
- Assist in cultivating a store culture in concert with Kinsley’s mission and values: integrity, ownership, passion, pride, respect, positive energy and drive toward goal attainment.
- Ensure proper channels of communication exist between yourself, your Store Manager, your team and the corporate office, with respect to the open door policy and personal integrity.
- Partner with supervisor to manage recognition and accountability equally and fairly. This includes ensuring the success of Kinsley’s reward and recognition programs through daily follow up. Lead by example by personally attaining stated individual and team goals.
- Assist in maintaining high level of store standards in visual merchandising, cleanliness and operations per corporate guideline.
- Assist in compliance of entire team with all corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Help rectify issues that affect the stores’ service, efficiency and productivity with a sense of urgency and consistent follow up.
- Exercise judgment and discretion alone, and in conjunction with the Store Manager, other Assistants and Style Consultants, in the daily operations of the store.
- Demonstrate support for Kinsley by maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- Represent the Kinsley brand and culture in personal image and appearance. Neat, clean, stylish and professional.
- Assist the Store Manager in meeting all sales and shrink goals and objectives and implementing all corporate directives.
- Work closely to develop Style Consultants for promotion.
- Partner with Store Manager to continue personal development.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to assist in development and training of work force, building relationships, and utilizing the team’s skills appropriately.
- Ability to assist in merchandising and managing store operations effectively and consistently.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and to develop clientele.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to the team, customers and peers.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely and as directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to the work force.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner at all levels of the organization, to listen attentively to others, and to comprehend material and provide instructions to employees.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays, as well as to work at the requirement of the business, including opening and closing the store.
- Management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of fashion trends.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and handle high volume within a growing company.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job and to move or lift up to 35 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow through skills.