At American Girl, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. American Girl is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
We’re looking for dynamic individuals as Servers (Temporary P/T) to deliver food and beverages and provide an outstanding dining experience to our Bistro guests. If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment while remaining positive and upbeat, have exceptional communication skills, and can handle customer issues and requests graciously and on a timely basis, we want to hear from you.
Areas of Responsibility
• Attentively greet all customers upon arrival and inform guests of food and beverage options. Share information on store and restaurant events with guests.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of all menu items and ingredients and suggest menu items for those guests with food allergies.
• Consistently address customer concerns and special requests in a professional and timely manner.
• Execute all aspects of food and beverage service efficiently, including suggestive upselling, timely delivery of food and beverage orders, checking and maintaining tables throughout the seating, and preparing, delivering and processing table checks through the Infogenesis register system.
• Follow food and workplace safety guidelines and understand local and state health sanitation laws.
• Contribute to a positive, cooperative work environment by assisting co-workers and helping the restaurant team with parties, storewide events, and projects.
Education / Experience Requirements
• High school degree or equivalent, and undergraduate education, preferred.
• ServSafe certification, preferred.
• One to two years of experience in a high volume and/or fine dining restaurant, preferred.
• Banquet or catering experience is a plus.
• Experience working with children, preferred.
• Ease of use with restaurant computer systems, preferred.
• Physically demanding position; strength, mobility and dexterity needed. You must be able to carry a serving tray/beverage tray and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.